Finally, a soft-top foam surfboard that’s designed for smaller adults and children, the Liquid Shredder is a foamie board that’s lightweight, equipped with some nice features, and designed for the beginner who needs a solid board they can rely on.
Overview and Features
This model is from the FSE Foamie Series, and it measures in at seven feet by twenty inches. It has a rider weight capacity of one hundred and forty pounds, which makes it a great choice for kids or small adults. Often, finding a board of this size is difficult and practicing on a board that’s too big to handle can have a major impact on a surfer’s progress. So, we were pleasantly surprised to find this great board by Liquid Shredder and decided to give it a closer look.
This board features a heat laminated construction with an EPE foam deck and an EPS core, so you know the core is one hundred percent waterproof. The polypropylene bottom of the board features a super-fast slick surface complete with a couple of wooden stringers designed to improve the board’s rigidity.
The board itself is buoyant, stable, and guaranteed to provide the beginner with the ultimate wave catching experience as they learn the ropes.
The core of the board consists of an expanded polyethylene foam deck complete with a polypropylene bottom that’s super-fast, rigid, and slick. The board is also heat laminated and hand shaped using a high-tech design that ensures top of the line performance in a foamie that’s very beginner-friendly.
The board is available in a vivid blue or bold red.
The surface of the board features a non-slip, comfortable texture that will improve the surfer’s grip.
- This board feels unyielding and solid, unlike competing models of foam boards designed for beginners.
- A highly portable, lightweight board, transporting, storing, and carrying this model is a breeze.
- Considered very stable, the board ensures easy maneuvering and paddling.
- Even the beginner will be able to expertly handle this board, which makes catching waves simple.
- Offered at a very affordable price that’s perfect for the beginner on a budget.
- The included tri-fin system consists of fins that are rounded off and flexible, ensuring a safer surfing experience for beginners.
- Comes at a very affordable price that makes it the perfect budget buy especially for parents.
The board has a lower than average weight capacity.
When it comes to dismounting, mounting, or popping up, the size of the board can make it difficult for smaller surfers to control.
This is a soft top board, which means the surface is more prone to scratches, marks, and dings.
This model doesn’t come with a leash.
Some buyers reported that the tri-fin system is very flimsy and tends to break easily.
Beginners in need of a board with a higher weight capacity can take a closer look at the Gold Coast Surfboards Casper hybrid soft top surfboard, which is rated as one of the best surfboards for beginners on the market.
Conclusion and Rating
This model by Liquid Shredder is a great choice for the novice in need of a reliable board to practice with. Very stable, supportive, and comfortable, this is a board that can handle plenty of use and abuse in choppy waters. We gave this model a rating of four out of five stars.